Principal Engineer, Machine Learning
Build a Product Information Marketplace with information about every product in the world
Principal Engineer – ML at Indix provides technical thought leadership on hard, business impacting problems. Reporting directly into the VP of engineering, this role involves shaping the engineering/architecture vision the standpoint of delivering data science solutions. As a subject matter expert, the incumbent is also responsible for mentoring data scientists and Software Engineers in the team.
What We’re Looking For
- Mathematical maturity to critically analyze academic literature from venues such as KDD, ICDM, SDM, ICML and NIP
- Ability to propose hypothesis and design experiments in the context of specific problems.
- Should come from a strong engineering background
- Good overlap with Indix Data tech stack such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Scalding, Scala/Python/C++
- A scientific temperament that seeks to rigorously validate hypothesis/ideas.
- Ability and preference to work in a group rather than individually.
- Good at explaining/communicating complex ideas/concepts both verbal and written.
- Dedication and diligence in understanding the application domain, collecting/cleaning data and conducting experiments.
- Creativity in model and algorithm development.
- An obsession to develop algorithms/models that directly impact business.
- Master’s/Phd. in Computer Science/Statistics is a plus.
- Understand business needs and formulate formal problem definitions (with corresponding metrics).
- Collect relevant data from production systems/Use crawling and parsing infrastructure to put together data sets.
- Survey academic literature and identify potential approaches for exploration.
- Craft, conduct and analyze experiments to evaluate models/algorithms.
- Communicate findings and take algorithms/models to production.
“Data science is the art of uncovering the stories told by data and the craft of engineering algorithms into data products. This involves a lot of grappling with uncertainty and following data down a proverbial rabbit hole and returning with actionable insights that can be engineered into a solution. Curiosity and creative problem solving are key skills.”
If you are interested in exploring a life-changing opportunity with Indix, please click below and apply with your resume and Github/LinkedIn profile.