Presenting the Indix Consumer Shopping Report
Today, we’re excited to bring you the Indix Consumer Shopping Report. It’s no question that smart devices like mobile phones or Amazon’s Echo have catapulted online shopping into its prime. According to this eMarketer forecast, worldwide ecommerce sales will reach $1.915 trillion this year. Despite this, many businesses are still trying to figure out how they get the right product to the right person at the right time, and through the right channel – to fulfill the omnichannel promise.
To better understand what influences shopping behavior, Indix surveyed 1,000 consumers across the United States. We found that consumers are shopping everywhere, anywhere, and all the time. Commerce is becoming truly pervasive. Yet certain factors, like gender and age greatly influence whether or not a purchase is made.
Here are some of the key findings from our report:
- Men and women have different shopping habits. More women prefer to shop in stores, while men prefer to shop online.
- Products women buy online:
Apparel and footwear (64%)
Health and beauty products (52%)
Furniture and appliances (18%)
- Products men buy online:
Computers, phones, electronics, etc. (40%)
Software, video games (28%)
Sporting goods (26%)
- Product both men and women buy online:
Household products and supplies (40%)
Office supplies (24%)
- Consumers ages 18-34 are more satisfied with their personalized online shopping experiences, and only 33% of them still shop in stores once a week.
- Millennials are most loyal to their preferred stores of any generation.
For more interesting insights into consumer shopping behavior, click here to download our full report now. You can also read the official press release here.
Also published on Medium.